Monday, February 15, 2010

It's been a while

Well, hello first blog of 2010. Sorry it took me so long. Things have been a little crazy to say the least.

First off, I graduated! Woo hoo! I now hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Mass Communications...Cum Laude, what what! It was four and a half years of hard work (not to mention really busting my butt the last two years) but it's all paid off now that I have this cheap piece of paper with a seal on it. Great.

I've started a new job. I work at WWBT-NBC12 in Richmond. It's been great so far. I'm meeting a lot of awesome people and getting lots of good training. Hopefully things will continue the way they're going now.

In not so great news, since I'm no longer a student my parents' health insurance has dropped me. Enter COBRA. Our health care system is so messed up. Like, truly messed up. And what pains me is that we will do anything and everything to help other countries (like Iraq and Haiti) and yet we don't help our own citizens. It really makes me sick to be honest. Oh, no! Don't say sick! It'll cost you!

But to end on a lighter note, I am going to Jamaica in April. My cousin is getting married in May and six of us are taking a bachelorette trip for an extended weekend. I figured I'd take the couple days to go down there and unwind. I need it. Hell, I deserve it. I've worked hard these past couple of months. I still work hard. Trouble now is, I need to get my bikini body back. Damn you, winter!

That's all my rants for now. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment