Sunday, August 22, 2010

Road Rage

For the first time in my life I was a victim of road road the other day.

Anyone who knows me knows I have some anger management issues on the road. I'm pretty famous for my cursing, flicking off, and even horn honking. Well on Friday I experienced something I never thought would happen. I was on the other side of the road rage.

It all started Friday morning when I was leaving work to go to my doctor's appointment downtown. I was driving on Roanoke Street in the Southside, waiting to turn right. Just as I came up to the light it turned red, so I stopped. I wasn't in any hurry (for once) and I didn't want to risk trying to make the light.

The guy behind me didn't have my same attitude and proceeded to lay on his horn, wave his hands in the air, and start cursing me out. "Okay, wipe your ass and get over it, buddy. We're stuck at the light now, what do you want me to do?"

After the light turned green and I safely made my right turn, the driver behind me got beside my car in the next lane, rolled his window down, and continued to curse me out for not making the light. So I cursed back a little in my infamous New York City fashion, but I was still calm at this point. From here on, the 50-something-year-old man in his shitty Civic or whatever it was, tried to run me off the side of the road.

Mind you by this point I'm driving on Semmes Avenue and there is no shoulder, just a grass median with trees. So I hit my brakes and start to slow down to let him pass me and what does he do? He slows down and continues swerving, bobbing and weaving in and out of the lanes trying to hit me with his car. All the while yelling out of his window, "Why didn't you turn? You could've turned right!"

"IF YOU WERE IN SUCH A HURRY, THEN WHY ARE YOU SLOWING DOWN TRYING TO HIT MY CAR, YOU MANIAC?"

So I get his license plate number and call the cops. "You're welcome dirt bag. I hope you got pulled over for reckless driving."

I still can't fathom how a man in his fifties can have such road rage to want to hit my car and run me off the side of the road. I couldn't believe what had happened. Needless to say it ruined my once calm and relaxed Friday morning.

Moral of the story: There's a first time for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment